12 REASONS WHY WATER IS IMPORTANT
We were told by our parents to drink allot of water, while never really understanding the importance. For some of us, we got rid of that habit long ago! You see, growing up, I never really liked the taste of water, I still don’t, but I drink it anyway, and you should too, cause here’s why….
- #1.WATER REDUCES THE RISK OF CANCER
- Research has shown that water reduces the risk of colon cancer by 45% and also helps clear out urinary tract infections.
- #2.WATER MAKES YOUR SKIN LOOK GREAT
- Less intake of water causes dehydration which results in dry skin.
- #3.WATER ENERGIZES THE MUSCLE’S
- Inbalance of water in our bodies, causes muscle fatigue.
- #4.WATER MAINTAINS THE BALANCE OF BODY FLUIDS
- Our bodies are composed of roughly 60% of water which we need for circulation, transportation of nutrients, absorption, creation of saliva, digestion and maintenance of our body temperature.
- #5.WATER HELPS US LOSE WEIGHT
- Yep! that’s right by drinking allot of water, we eat less. In fact, most people use it as a weightloss strategy drink more, eat less.
- #6.BOOST METABOLISM
- Drinking water regularly, helps your body by boosting your metabolism resulting to burning fat.
- #7.WATER RETENTION
- The best way to relieve your body of excess fluids, is to intake more fluids.
- #8.WATER REDUCES TOOTH DECAY
- Water helps produce saliva, remove cavities and keeps your mouth and teeth clean.
- #9.WATER MINIMIZES YOUR RISK OF A HEART ATTACK
- Research shows that by drinking water, you could lower your risk of a heart attack by a whooping 50%.
- #10.WATER HELPS PREVENT DEPRESSION AND STRESS
- Our brains need water to function correctly, research has shown that drinking less water can affect our moods which causes confusion. so whenever your feeling down, please do me a favor and go grab a bottle.
- #11.WATER PREVENTS ACNE
- Adding a slice of lemon to a warm glass of water in the morning helps get rid of bacteria that are stored in our bodies.
- #12.WATER REDUCES KIDNEY STONES
- Research has shown that by drinking enough water, you can actually quicken the process of getting rid of kidney stones.
SO HOW MUCH WATER SHOULD WE DRINK DAILY?
Well that answer varies but from my research, i think that it is safe to say that 2 litters of water daily for the average person is quite enough.
For people that don’t like the taste of water, there is actually something you can do about it. Below is a list of food/fruits that you can eat to provide your body with the amount of water it needs to perform adequately.
The following list of food/fruits contain 90-99% of water.
- Fat free milk
- Lettuce, cabbage,spinach, pickles, squash, broccoli.
The following list contains 80-89% of water.
- Fruit juice
The following fruit/ foods contains 70-79% of water
- cottage cheese
- ricotta cheese
- baked potatoes
- cooked corn & shrimp
NOTE; If you are an active person and you are losing allot of fluids from excercise, you should consider adding your fluid intake.
Well that’s it for me today, in off to drinking some water, join me please…..