What is garlic powder?
Garlic powder is dried garlic that has been finely diced to create a powder form, it is used mostly as a spice in cooking, but can also be used for medical purposes and home remedies.
The technique of making garlic powder involves removing by hand the peelings, separating, dehydrating and grinding them into fine particles.
Garlic powder has the same nutrients as fresh garlic, it can be found in suppliment form which may be available at your local health food stores and pharmacy.
- Plant– Amaryllidacea
- Origin– Central Asia
- Method – Dehydration & Grinding
- Scientific name– Allium Sativum ( onion genus species)
Nutritional values of 1 Tbsp ( 9.7 g ) of garlic powder
- Calories – 32
- Potassium – 115.7 mg
- Total carbs – 7 g
- Protein – 1.6 g
- Vitamin B-6 -10%
- Iron-2 %
- Magnesium – 1%
Health benefits of garlic powder
Garlic not only make’s food delicious but has a number of health benefits as well, adding garlic to your daily diet may help prevent, reduce or treat the following illnesses;
- Reduce LDL Cholesterol levels
- Strengthen the immune system
- Help fight cancer
- Prevent stomach cancer
- Prevent colon cancer
- Reduce high blood pressure
- Used as a blood thinner
- Helps fight chest infection
- Wards of cold & flu
- Fights cough and congestion
- Treats hyperthyroidism
- Treat impotency
- Treat Fungal and bacterial infections
- Reduces the risk of heart disease
- Assist with depression
- Treat vaginally infections
Consuming more than the recommended daily intake amounts of garlic fresh, powdered or capsule can be detrimental to your health.
Daily intake amount
- 17.0 mg for 150 lb person
- 22.7 mg for 200 lbs person
- 28.4 mg for 250 lbs person
Side effects of garlic
Eating large quantities of garlic has associated with increased body odor.
Some people are allergic to garlic therefore consult with your doctor if you experience any of the following symptoms afer eating garlic.
- Intestinal Gas
- Difficulty breathing
- Redness or sweeping of the skin
Facts about garlic
- Parsley, fennel seeds or peppermint can help get rid of garlic breath.
- China produces 66% of the global garlic production.
- April 19th is the world garlic day
- Garlic contains 17 amino acids
- The best way to garantee 100 % Health benefits from garlic is by chewing it raw.
- Garlic contains only 4 calories per clove
- Long ago people used garlic as a cure fore drunkenness
Please don’t forget to subscribe for our free weekly news letters.