Simply put, protein is the core of life! The human body cannot survive without protein because every cell in our body contains protein, if you do not consume the appropriate amount of protein daily, your body will not be able to repair damaged cells and make new ones. Protein is important for the development and growth in kids, teenagers and expecting moms.Read on to discover which vegetables are high in carbs and protein.
Did you know that protein deficiency is surprisingly a common condition that so many people face even in developed countries? Data shows that most patients who suffer from protein deficiency are vegetarians. Although medical research proves that a vegetarian diet is healthy, it seems that most vegetarians tend to choose the wrong combination of fruits and vegetables which leaves them vulnerable to protein deficiency and its consequences.
Which vegetables are high in carbs and protein?
|1||100 g||Corn||74 g||9 g|
|2||100 g||Barley||73 g||12 g|
|3||100 g||Wheat||71 g||14 g|
|4||100 g||Pinto beans||63 g||21 g|
|5||100 g||Black turtle beans||63 g||20 g|
|6||100 g||Soybeans||30 g||30 g|
|7||1 pc||Eggplant||27 g||4.5 g|
|8||1 pc||Sweet potato||26 g||2 g|
|9||100 g||Green peas||14 g||5 g|
|10||100 g||Artichoke||11 g||3.3 g|
|11||100 g||Garden cress||6 g||2.6 g|
|12||100 g||Collard greens||5 g||3 g|
|13||100 g||Mustard greens||4.7 g||2.9 g|
|14||100 g||Chives||4.4 g||3.3 g|
|15||100 g||Mustard spinach||3.9 g||2.2 g|
7 Common signs of protein deficiency
- Food cravings,Sweet cravings
- Muscle and/or joint pains
- Thin hair & brittle nails
- Edema( swelling)
- Frequent illnesses
- Unable to concentrate
Facts about carbs and protein
- Protein is in each of the trillions of cells in the human body. There could be no life without protein. The only other substance more plentiful in the body is water. Approximately 18-20% of the body is protein by weight.
- The older, larger, and more mature a bean grows, the more protein it has. Mature roasted soybeans have the most protein, with 39.6 grams of protein per 100-gram serving.
- The human body has about 100,000 different types of protein. The body needs protein to grow, heal, and carry about nearly every chemical reaction in the body.