Magnesium is a mineral naturally found in many foods,it plays an important role in keeping the body healthy. Magnesium is responsible for regulating muscle and nerve function, blood sugar levels and blood pressure, Like potassium, magnesium is essential for maintaining overall health. Read on to discover which vegetables are high in magnesium and potassium.
Which Vegetables Are High In Magnesium And Potassium?
|1||100 g||Soybean||70%||1797 mg|
|2||100 g||Pinto beans||44%||1393 mg|
|3||100 g||Black turtle beans||40%||1500 mg|
|4||100 g||Wheat||36%||431 mg|
|5||100 g||Barley||33%||452 mg|
|6||100 g||Adzuki beans||31%||1254 mg|
|7||100 g||Corn||31%||287 mg|
|8||100 g||Navy bean sprouts||25%||307 mg|
|9||100 g||Mint||20%||569 mg|
|10||100 g||Spinach||19%||558 mg|
|12||100 g||Basil||16%||295 mg|
|13||1 medium||Potato||12%||897 mg|
|14||100 g||Parsley||12%||554 mg|
Daily recommended intake amounts of magnesium
|1||0-6 month||30 mg|
|2||7-17 month||75 mg|
|3||1-3 years||80 mg|
|4||4-8 years||130 mg|
|5||9-13 years||240 mg|
|6||B 14-18 years||410 mg|
|7||G 14-18 years||360 mg|
|10||Pregnant teens||400 mg|
|11||Pregnant women||350 mg|
Symptoms of magnesium deficiency
- Muscle cramps
- High blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- Poor memory
- Difficulty swallowing
Facts about magnesium and potassium
According to ancient-minerals.com,
- Magnesium is the second most abundant positively charged intracellular (inside the cells) ion in the body. Other positively charged cations found in the body include calcium, sodium, and potassium. Negatively charged anions include phosphate and chloride.
- The cells of a healthy heart contain ten times the amount of magnesium found in blood.
- Roughly 75% of U.S. adults consume less than the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of magnesium.
- Over three dozen prescription medications interfere with magnesium absorption and retention in the body, antibiotics, diuretics, allergy and asthma medications, and chemotherapy treatments.
- A depletion of potassium from the body can lead to hypokalemia, which can be fatal.
- Potassium is an electrolyte found in food that is essential for many body functions and maintaining overall good health.
- Some medications and medical conditions can lower the amount of potassium in the body.